Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Forever Family


Where do I even begin? I mean I have obviously been really terrible at keeping up with my blog, but this is now the perfect tool for this moment of time. A moment for me to reflect on the past year of my life in Haiti; a time for me to share with you how this family of mine has forever changed my life.
CHCH kids--God created me to be drawn to children and young people, and He knew that in sending me in my first journey down to the orphanage last year that it wasn't going to be my last. He knew that I wouldn't be able to resist the call to stay with you after all of you poured into me and opened your beautiful hearts to me. He used your love to draw me in right where He wanted me, right where He needed me--for you and for me. Each and every one of you showed me what love is all about. Love that has no boundaries; love that is bold and free. You each taught me that love is endless and that even in this separation, our love for one another will live on forever in our hearts. Through my time with you all, God taught me what real patience looks like; He taught me that patience is a lifestyle not just something circumstantial, and in order to make it a part of you, you MUST invite the Holy Spirit to supernaturally give it. You showed me what adventure really looks like. Living amongst you all, I saw that life isn't about sitting around and waiting for it to happen--its about getting up and doing something with your life, something fun, something adventurous, that makes you really alive. I am forever changed by your astounding and beautiful love, and I will never forget you, never stop loving you and never ever stop praying for you. 
Hunter and Jillian--Have we been through some crazy stuff or what?! No one will ever be able to comprehend how deep our relationships run. I ran across Psalm 126:5 the other day and it made me think of us, our friendship and work together: Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. We have fought some tough battles together--some piercing droughts and battles that only with our prayers, trust, uniting, and surrendering to our Fierce and Sovereign Lord we were able to fight and win against the enemy! My friends, no, my family, thank you for loving me so much, being so open and real with me. I look forward to keeping in touch and continuing life together from afar. Please know that I am ALWAYS here for you all. 
Gerome--Oh I don't think I have laughed as much as I have in my life as I have with you my brother. You have taught me so much about Haiti, the language, the culture, and what being fearless looks like. I have never met someone so fearless, and not just fearless alone, but fearless because you have a strength and amazing dependence on Jesus. I am forever blessed by the time I had to get to know you and build this friendship with you. Please know that this, what we have built, doesn't end here brother. I am forever your sister or in a better way to say it, you are my brother from another mother :) 
CHCH staff--I have never been so encouraged. Thank you for accepting me, teaching me, pouring into me, and loving me. Everyone of you were God's tools in helping restore me from the inside out. I am forever changed by your love, the love that you so freely gave to a complete stranger--that is truly Jesus. I am beyond grateful for every single one of your presence, experience, and love you so willing provided to my life.
Bible study friends or better said, my white friends :)--In Haiti, its not abnormal to just call people white or Haitien, and I have many white friends in Haiti believe it or not, and man, are these my true brothers and sisters. I will NEVER forget our experiences--good, fun, tears, and all, I am truly blessed that God placed each and every one of you and your experiences in my life path. I will always have a special place in my heart for each of you. Thank you for being real with me, showing me what community really looks like, praying for me, helping heal me, accepting me for ALL that I am. You all have no idea what you have taught me. I love you guys. 
Jonathan--You are a person that by looking into your eyes anyone can know who you keep as your Company. You are an incredible man of God, an amazing example of what living in the Light looks like.  God has used you more than you know in helping me understand God, the gospel, and how to apply all of it to my life. Thank you brother. 
And last but certainly not least, God--thank you Father for showing me Your beauty in this place of the least of these. It is more than glorious how you can reach out in some of the most ugly of situations and the most broken people and create such amazing beauty. You are amazing God, no, You exceed that, You are indescribable, and I thank You Lord for leading me to Haiti-- teaching me who I really am, what I can really be, and who I can be in You. Lord I praise You; I praise Your holy name for all of these times, Your vessels, and this place that you so willing bestowed upon Your daughter to experience. I love You. 
Here's to show you some of the beauty of my forever family and priceless moments in Haiti. 


                           























No comments:

Post a Comment