Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Here I go...

So a lot of people were asking me before I left...how are you feeling--are you excited, scared? Well yes, both, but kind of indifferent, because most trips I am wired and stressed in my last minute preparations, but really I have been calm, at peace, prepared, and ready to go...all thanks and glory go to God and the beautiful people He has placed in my life to help encourage, love, give, care, and love some more to help me be at the emotional and spiritual resting place that I am in.
                                                                                               
But I must say, I am there now, but satan is really good at his job. I can find that it is very evident that satan was, is and will continue to try to break me down in any way he possibly can as I prepare to leave. For example, I sit right now waiting in my hotel room in Florida, thinking I am going to start my journey onward to Haiti tomorrow, but Tropical Storm Emily stands in the way. So I won't be there till at least Saturday now. It's just another one of satan's plans to try and sway my trust in God, to place fear in my heart because of the dangers of the environment that is about to surround me, to doubt my presence and plans in traveling to Haiti, because it's put on hold for a few more unexpected days; it's time for him to try and invade my faith in this time alone waiting to go. But God is good and really excellent at His job. He really is quite amazing in His protection for His people. Because I am only human these thoughts have obviously been a thought, but only a blip of a thought, because I really have a peace that I cannot begin to describe. The sweet people at MFI (the missionary flight service that I am flying on) told me this morning with this sad, pitied look, "Sorry sweetie, we won't be leaving till Saturday because of the storm coming through." You know my normal, human, "Tabitha" reaction would have been to react with fear, anxiety, and impatience, but God seriously right then and there provided His presence over me, and I just calmly said with a smile on my face, "I completely understand. It's better to be safe than sorry." I called and arranged to keep my rental car for longer, walked into the hotel and added couple more days of stay and that’s that..everything was that easy. This is only one of many times over the past 8 or so months that satan has attempted to pull me down and take me away from this journey. 

But God reveals Himself every time and He has provided me with many, many amazing comforts and experiences for me to say, “Okay God, I get it. This is where you want me." Just yesterday, I had just said goodbye to my family, gone through security, and was sitting in the waiting area only minutes till I boarded the plane from Nashville to Florida to begin my travels to Haiti, and I hear my name--"Tabitha?” I look up and it's Todd Garrett..an eager, wonderful, and encouraging friend from Ethos (my church that I am going to miss dearly) with this big smile on his face and said, "Is this you, going to Haiti, right now?!" Anyway, after Todd and I chat for a minute or two about my plans and his, he asked if he could pray over me. Seriously, in the airport about to walk onto my plane, I don't call that a coincidence...that's my God at work, comforting me, protecting me. 

Isn't funny how satan tries to weasel his way in, but in the end when the plan is God's plan, he can't win.

2 comments:

  1. Tabitha, I just spent a week at CHCH and fell in love with the children during my short time there. I am excited for you and a little envious of the time that you are about to spend there. I will be following your blog and am anxious to hear your story. May God richly bless your efforts.
    Katie Dean, Mt Pleasant, TX

    ReplyDelete